I have joined the Writer’s Workshop over at a great blog called, Mama’s Losin’ It (click the photo above to read other writers’ work and get more info). Each week, “Mama Kat” gives out writing prompts. This week I chose the prompt: “30 things you vow to do this summer”.
One thing about summer as a kid, was that everything was planned out for you! As an adult, summers seem to fly by without doing half of the things I wanted to do. The old phrase reigns so true, “no one PLANS to fail, they FAIL to plan”! So, Mama Kat’s writing prompt gave me the opportunity to think about what I would like to do this summer and actually write it down! I am calling it my “Summer Bucket List”. (BTW if you haven’t seen the movie “The Bucket List”, I highly recommend that you put it on your summer list!)
So here are the 30 things I would love to do this summer, Lord willing:
2. Make smores. (Yeah no Weight Watchers’ Points for this one)
3. Go all out in celebrating my wedding anniversary. (After the kind of year we had, total no brainer!)
4. Go to the Zoo.
5. Go to the Beach.
6. Take a day trip to the mountains. ( Real beauty of living in NC beach and moutains just a few hours away!)
7. Attend an outside concert.
8. Take my girls to see Toy Story 3.
9. Take my girls to see Karate Kid (It will be really interesting to see if it is as good as the first one; Wax on , Wax Off!)
10. Go for a nature PRAYER walk.
11. Have a tea party with my girls.
12. Go Bowling!
13. Get at least 1 pedicure every month of summer! (Gotta have the feet looking good if I am gonna wear sandals!)
14. Get a facial.
15. Get a massage.
16. Schedule a couple of play dates for the girls with some of their school friends.
17. Have a bi-weekly date night with hubby.
18. Drink more water.
19. Go to Great Wolfe Lodge (need to start saving up now for this one).
20. Paint the hall bathroom. (Ok, so I am not going to do it–i’ll just be so kind as to make a list for hubby!)
21. Visit some of my girlfriends who live close enough to drive to but I just don’t ever seem to take the time.
22. Go to a wine vineyard.
24. Enroll the girls in swimming lessons.
25. Restart my voice lessons.
26. Watch the sun set.
27. Sit out on my deck more.
28. Read at least 5 books.
29. Laugh more.
30. ENJOY TIME WITH MY FAMILY! (Take the time to just be!)